Greenville Mass Tort Lawyer – Winning Verdicts on Behalf of Injured Consumers in South Carolina
- Bryce Angell is the founder of The Angell Law Firm and an award-winning lawyer with extensive trial experience.
- He is also a proud member of the American Association for Justice and Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Our Greenville personal injury attorneys take an honest and aggressive approach to law, which helps us recover as much compensation as possible for our clients.
- The reviews on our website make it clear that our clients think we are one of the best law firms in South Carolina.
- Schedule a free consultation with a top attorney on our team today.
No consumer ever expects to be injured by a product they use to improve their lives. But unfortunately, some products contain defects that make them dangerous. When multiple consumers are injured by the same defect, these victims may be able to join forces and file a mass tort against the party that is responsible.
Filing a mass tort is no easy feat. For this reason, it’s in your best interest to seek legal representation from the best mass tort attorneys at The Angell Law Firm. Here are some popular questions we have received in the past about defective products in SC.
What is a Mass Tort Attorney?
Mass tort attorneys are those that are qualified to handle complex mass tort cases involving multiple plaintiffs and one defendant. Because these cases are so challenging, it’s important to work with an attorney who has experience in this practice area.
Who Can Lawyers Hold Liable in Product Liability Class Action Lawsuits?
There may be multiple parties responsible for injuries related to defective products. But typically, it is the manufacturers themselves that are liable for the products that they produce. If a company has produced and sold a dangerous defective product, they can be held liable for the injuries that it causes.
There are many ways to hold a manufacturer liable for a defective product.
- Negligence: Manufacturers owe a duty of care to the people who will be using the products that they produce. If a manufacturer was unreasonably careless in testing or producing the product and it causes injuries to its consumers, the company can be held liable due to their negligence.
- Strict liability: This theory of liability holds manufacturers responsible for unexpected hazards that consumers encounter when using a product. It does not matter if the manufacturer was negligent or careless in the production of the product. If the product was dangerous and caused serious injuries, the manufacturer can be held liable.
- Failure to warn: Manufacturers have a duty to inform and warn the general public about the potential hazards of using a product. When a consumer is not informed of the potential hazards and is later injured as a result, the manufacturer can be held legally liable for failure to warn.
Injured Consumers Can Rely on Top Law Firms to Recover Compensation
Defective product litigation is exceptionally complicated. It combines intricate areas of law as well as medicine, engineering and manufacturing. No layperson should attempt to recover compensation for their injuries on their own. It is important that you have experienced legal representation on your side when attempting to recover compensation for your injuries from the manufacturers of defective products.
Meet With the Attorneys At The Angell Law Firm During A Free Consultation
The attorneys at The Angell Law Firm can assist you in your journey to recover compensation for your injuries. We have successfully handled a number of mass torts for clients who were seeking justice against negligent product manufacturers. Unlike other law firms, we have the legal resources to protect the rights of consumers and tackle these complex cases.
Some of our many other practice areas include wrongful death, traffic accidents, and slip and fall claims. If you are unable to visit us at our Greenville location, we make house and hospital calls to the surrounding areas. We also maintain virtual offices in many other locations.
During the initial consultation, a personal injury attorney will review the details of your case, offer legal advice, and answer questions regarding your legal options. To schedule a free consultation, please contact our office today at (864) 670-2727 or fill out the online form on our website.