In many situations, motor vehicle accidents involving two vehicles are easy to assess in terms of fault and liability.
However, when motor vehicle crashes involve more than two vehicles, determining liability can be substantially difficult in terms of determining fault and liability.
Multi-vehicle accidents also tend to involve a substantial amount of damage and injuries.
For these reasons, it is important to enlist an Atlanta truck accident lawyer who can fight for your rights.
Georgia state law allows injured individuals to file a personal injury lawsuit against at-fault parties in pursuit of compensation for damages born from the individual’s suffering.
Any damages that are awarded by a court of law will then be reduced by the percentage of an individual’s own liability for the accident.
Unfortunately, drivers who are more than fifty percent responsible for a crash are not able to claim any compensation.
An Atlanta personal injury attorney can help make sure that blame remains with the defendant to the extent possible.
Causes Of Multi-Vehicle Accidents
No two multiple vehicle car accidents.
Also, when these accidents occur, there also tend to be several accidents involved in causing every multiple vehicle accidents.
A recent example of a Georgia car accident reveals the complicated manner in which multiple vehicle accidents occur.
Vehicle 1 failed to stop at an intersection stop sign and struck Vehicle 2 on the driver’s side.
Vehicle 3, a tractor-trailer loaded with logs, went out of control at the crash causing the vehicle to overturn and spill its load of logs over the highway.
These logs proceeded to strike Vehicle 4 and Vehicle 5 while Vehicle 6 steered wide to avoid striking any logs and ended up colliding with a signpost.
Two of the involved parties were then taken to the hospital.
There are some common causes, however, of multiple vehicle accidents, which include the following:
- Adverse Weather Conditions. When weather conditions create low visibility, many motorists tend to not properly adjust to driving conditions, which results in motor vehicle drivers not having enough time or room to adequately respond to situations that can arise suddenly while driving.
- Distracted Driving. A special note should be made on distracted driving. This driving technique kills and injures a substantial amount of motorists each year. Reports demonstrate that in 2014, there were 3,179 people killed and 431,000 injured in motor vehicle accidents due to distracted driving.
- Cellular Phone Usage. Cell phone usage is the most common type of distracted driving technique. Individuals who are focused on cell phones cannot properly focus and respond to conditions on the road.
- Driver Fatigue And Drunk Driving. These two types of driving behaviors are extremely dangerous and create deadly situations for other motorists on the road including multiple vehicle accidents.
Determinations Of Liability For Multiple Vehicle Car Accidents
In multiple vehicle car accidents, several motor vehicle drivers can be held responsible by an injury lawyer in the Atlanta area.
Based on what driver is found negligent or liable for the accident, insurance companies shift which driver will be responsible for paying the amount of total damages.
In deciding which parties are liable for the accident, law enforcement will investigate drivers for a variety of factors that could lead to an accident including alcohol or drug use, driving recklessly, speeding, or violating any other laws.
This information will then be reviewed by insurance companies. Insurance companies sometimes also rely on witness statements.
In response to the uncertainty in determining how a motor vehicle accident occurred, insurance companies frequently attempt to pay involved parties the bare minimum amount of compensation.
Many individuals initially feel that the amounts offered by insurance companies are generous, these amounts frequently lack future costs for medical expenses and lost wages.
Insurance companies also often pressure accident victims to make record statements, which can later serve as substantial blows to cases.
Because insurance companies offer undesirable terms, many times individuals who are involved in multiple vehicle accidents rely on an experienced Atlanta attorney to help make sure that a favorable outcome is reached in a court of law.
Injuries Arising From Multi-Vehicle Accidents
Multiple vehicle car accidents are often more serious than single motor vehicle accidents.
As a result, the chances for substantial injury and death greatly increases when multiple vehicles are involved in a collision.
Even individuals who are not involved in the central collision point of a multiple vehicle accident be substantially injured.
During multiple vehicle accidents, rollovers may occur or chain reactions might be triggered in which one vehicle strikes another vehicle.
Some of the most common types of injuries faced by individuals involved in multiple vehicle car accidents involve the following:
- Brain And Head Injuries.
- Broken And Fractured Bones.
- Internal Organ Injuries
Advice If You Are Involved In A Multiple Vehicle Car Accident
Because multiple vehicle car accidents are often catastrophic in nature, individuals who are involved in these events can have an easy time feeling overwhelmed by the situation.
Individuals who are involved in multiple vehicle car accidents must remember to take several essential steps.
- Call The Police. Law enforcement can help determine how a motor vehicle accident occurred and which parties are to be found responsible.
- Obtain Medical Assistance. Make sure that anyone involved in the accident receives medical attention even if no one seems to be immediately injured.
- Obtain Witness Statements. Witnesses are valuable sources of information in determining exactly how a multiple vehicle accident occurred. When receiving these witness statements, individuals must make sure to also obtain witness names, addresses, and phone numbers so that the witnesses can be contacted at a later date.
- Retain The Legal Services Of An Experienced Accident Attorney. Obtaining the services of experienced legal counsel can help ensure individuals navigate accident issues with insurance companies a potentially even a court of law.
If you have been injured in a multiple car accident, talented legal counsel at The Angell Law Firm, LLC can help make sure the compensation that you deserve from the complicated collision.
If you are interested in initiating steps to make sure that your case has favorable results but are unable to physically travel to our office, do not worry.
The Angell Law Firm also offers house and hospital calls to failure to yield accident victims.
At The Angell Law Firm, we have substantial experience helping clients who have been involved in complicated multiple vehicle accidents and know how to masterfully handle your case.
Bryce is considered a highly esteemed trial lawyer and a passionate client advocate amongst his peers in the Atlanta legal community. Never afraid to go the extra mile for his clients, Bryce Angell works tirelessly to ensure that each client’s personal injury case gets the attention that it deserves.