People involved in a slip and fall accident or car crash often suffer from soft tissue injuries. These injuries will generally heal within a couple of weeks with rest and care.
However, sometimes the soft tissue injury is more serious and requires therapy or surgery. If your soft tissue injury is the result of another party’s negligence, then you should contact a seasoned Atlanta soft tissue injury lawyer as soon as possible to pursue financial compensation for your case.
For decades they have helped many other people in cases like yours make legal claims and receive deserved financial compensation. Call (770) 217-4954 for a free consultation or complete the online form and we’ll get right back to you.
What is a Soft Tissue Injury?
A soft tissue injury is typically caused by stressing a ligament, tendon, or muscle. This usually accompanies a trauma, such as a forceful car accident.
Here are some examples of these types of injuries:
- Strains from over-stressing tendons attached to muscles. This results in pain, spasms, weakness, and cramping.
- Bruises that appear when muscle fibers and blood vessels are injured.
- Sprains that happen when ligaments meant to reinforce joints are damaged or even torn. This can take away the functionality of the joint.
No matter which type of soft tissue injury occurs, it can result in significant pain, restricted motion, and swelling. The severity of the damage and the health of the patient will determine whether the injury will heal quickly with rest and ice, or if physical therapy or surgery is needed. It’s important to see a physician and follow through with medical care to ensure the fastest recovery possible.
How to Treat a Soft Tissue Injury?
If you’ve experienced a soft tissue injury from an accident, then you will need to know how to treat the injury.
Your doctor should provide you with a plan, but here are some additional tips to help you heal the damage caused by a soft tissue injury:
- Take the medication prescribed or over the counter to reduce inflammation
- Utilize gentle exercises to improve muscle strength and joint mobility
- Avoid physical activities that will strain the injury
- Get sufficient rest for healing
- Elevate the injured area when possible above heart level
- Ice the injury shortly after the incident
- Follow the directions of your doctor and be sure to follow through with any additional appointments
Can I Get Financial Compensation for My Soft Tissue Injury?
If you have been injured by another’s reckless or negligent behavior, then you could have grounds for a lawsuit. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to assess your case and determine if you have a valid claim. If you are eligible for a lawsuit, then you can take legal action to pursue financial compensation.
Financial compensation in personal injury cases such as a slip and fall accident or a vehicle crash can include damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of future income, and more.
Any financial or emotional burden that you have experienced due to the accident can potentially be financially compensated through litigation.
For decades the Atlanta soft tissue injury lawyers at the Angell Law Firm have helped many other people in cases like yours make legal claims and receive deserved financial compensation. Call (770) 217-4954 for a free consultation or complete the online form and we’ll get right back to you.